JOIN THE AFTA TEAM
FINANCE & ADMIN COORDINATOR
Permanent Full Time
Location Sydney, NSW
Applications Close 5 April 2019
Key aspects of this role:
- Outstanding opportunity to be involved in the travel industry
- Central CBD location in modern office with an abundance of natural light
- Join a fun and supportive small team
Do you love people and numbers? An opportunity has come up for a pro-active and motivated person to add value in this finance role with elements of office support.
The Australian Federation of Travel Agents Ltd (AFTA) is seeking a Finance & Admin Coordinator to join our team based in Sydney.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Weekly and monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, petty cash and credit card
- Full function AR and AP through Xero including preparation of sales invoices and receipting payments, entering supplier invoices, preparing batch payments and uploading to the bank
- Updating membership subscriptions in the AFTA member database
- Processing payroll, superannuation and payroll tax, including IAS, BAS and FBT
- Support in the preparation of monthly management accounts, annual budget process, and annual audit review process
- Reviewing financial statements of members to assess solvency and eligibility of accreditation, including data entry into excel of key financial metrics to calculate financial ratios
- Coordination of office admin including first point of contact for phone calls, processing stationery orders, mail and courier requirements and attending to kitchen duties
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated 3 + years’ in a similar role with a knowledge of Xero
- Accounting degree or TAFE diploma, or demonstrated experience in a steady work environment
- Ability to understand and analyze a Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Knowledge of the travel industry is highly desirable, though not essential
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to Sue Robinson on EA@afta.com.au.
Must have full working rights to be considered for this role.