Permanent Full Time
Applications close 2 June 2021
The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) is the peak industry body through which the business interests of travel agents are represented. Founded in 1957, AFTA seeks to enhance the professionalism of Travel Agents through:
• being the collective membership body representing the interest of all travel agents;
• stakeholder engagement across industry, government and membership for alignment and support on key initiatives;
• driving a vision to support growth and education of the travel agent community;
• providing business support through professional advice and services, and
• administration of the national travel accreditation scheme, ATAS.
AFTA's role within the travel and tourism industry involves addressing major issues relating to the operation of all travel agencies in Australia, at both a State and Federal level.
The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) is seeking an experienced business leader to perform the role of Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the AFTA Board, this is a full-time position based in Sydney, with the need for interstate and some international travel (when allowed).
The CEO, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of AFTA. The CEO will have a major role in engaging and advocating at a strategic policy level with a range of key stakeholders and bodies including state and federal governments and ensuring that AFTA members interests are well represented.
• Create a financially sustainable organisation focused on delivering value to all members.
• Developing high quality business strategies and plans that will achieve the short and longer-term objectives of AFTA and its membership.
• Develop effective and influential relationships with key stakeholders across Government, members, suppliers, media and leaders of allied industry bodies.
• Representation of the sector as an industry figurehead and key spokesperson within media.
• Leading and motivating staff to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing leadership team.
• Overseeing all operations and business activities, ensuring communication and delivery of goals.
• Create, own and manage the budget, P&L and financial operations.
• Complete timely financial, operational, communications and project management reports to the Board.
• Proven experience as CEO or other senior leadership positions
• 5+ years’ experience in the travel industry
• Experience in advocacy dealing with government departments, with proven experience in influencing key decision makers.
• Demonstrated diplomacy and negotiation skills.
• Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
• Ability to work across all business functions, including marketing, PR, compliance and finance.
• Knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
How to apply
Applications closing 02/06/2021. Further information available on request.
Remuneration package will be consistent with successful applicant's experience.
For more information and to apply, please contact:
+61 411 851 007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
+61 419 229 878 or email@example.com